Western Berks Ambulance Service
- Emergencies – Dial 9-1-1
- Wheelchair or Non-Emergency Transportation – 610.678.1545 Ext. 6507
- Information and Billing Questions – 610.678.1545 Ext. 6509 or 651
Did you know we not only respond to emergency calls, but we also offer medically-necessary Inter-facility and Long Distance Transports?
Wheelchair Van Transports
- We also have 4 wheelchair vans so we can transport patients to doctor appointments, dialysis appointments, etc. when it isn’t medically necessary to go by ambulance.
- Another value-added service is PUC Transports. This means we provide wheelchair transports for any reason other than medical, i.e. transport to a family’s home for dinner, to a wedding, etc.
- Plus we provide door-to-door service, not just curb-to-curb like other transport services.
(Wheelchair and PUC transports are not covered under the membership program. Call for rates.)
If you are a patient in a hospital or other medical facility, you have the right to request the ambulance provider of your choice for your medically-necessary transport to another facility or to your home. That request must be honored regardless of any other contracted service that facility might have with other ambulance services. It’s your right as a patient. In fact, you may even call us to schedule the transport.
We are just a phone call away for your non-emergency transport needs. Just call 610-678-1545, ext. 6507 to make arrangements.
Spring Township has paid for your membership!
If you utilize our services and we bill your insurance, some insurance companies will send you the payment. Because you are a member of Western Berks Ambulance, we will accept the payment from the insurance company as paid in full but you must sign the insurance check and send it to us so we can credit your account. However, if your insurance company has sent you the check and it is not signed over to us, then you are responsible for the entire amount of the service.
If you have any questions about your membership, please call our Billing Department at 610-678-1545, Ext 6509 or Ext. 6511.